How to Get Perfect Platinum Blonde Hair

Spoke with hairstylists from coast to coast, who’ve shared their biggest tips for blondes, along with their favorite products. A coworker introduced me to this line a few months ago, and I've been obsessed ever since. The line has everything you need to maintain and enhance your blonde, including two different types of shampoo, conditioner, a rinse, a mask, and dry shampoo, just to name a few. My favorites are the Brighten You shampoo and Nourish You conditioner. Forget that you just read the word "silver" in the name; this stuff's bright purple, too. The shampoo gives you that squeaky-clean feeling you crave if you've worked out or skipped washing your hair for a few days.

So, talk to your stylist, be prepared to maintain platinum blonde hair, and use the right products. Once you do, there will be no stopping your stunning self. If it’s already damaged, bleached hair, using any type of heat will make the damage worse. You should avoid using a hairdryer, curling iron, flat iron, etc. Eliminate heat treatments from your hair care routine if you can. Before you immediately jump back to your natural hair color after going platinum blonde, let me suggest that you have some fun with whimsical pastel colors.

Use the Right Product

This one is white, so the colour you see it turning is a lot truer to the colour it will end up. When I washed it out, my hair felt super-soft—so soft, in fact, that for a minute I was worried it had over-processed and jellified . I simply applied the bleach all over my hair, starting with the roots , covered it in cellophane and let it process for 45 minutes. Eksperience ™ Color Protection Color Sealing Mask, you will be able to revitalize and protect the hair color.

how to maintain platinum blonde hair at home

For myself, I decided to go big and book my platinum hair appointment at Arrojo Studio in SoHo, Manhattan. I had an upcoming trip to visit my bestie in New York City and figured I might as well get my hair done by the best in the business. Ali Eskridge did my hair and you can check out the photos taken at the salon on her Instagram account here. At this appointment my hair was bleached and then temporarily dyed silver gray. Hair stylists frequently advise customers to only use professional hair care products to maintain blonde hair.

Home Hair Maintenance Routines - Products to Keep your Hair Moisturized & Healthy

The good news is that many high-quality extension brands offer clip-in wefts in a range of shades, including platinum blonde. For example, you may want to check out ZALA platinum blonde #60 clip-in hair extensions. It might just be the perfect option for your platinum bleached hair. A lot of my blonde maintenance takes place in the shower, with bright-purple shampoos and conditioners that deposit just a hint of violet to cancel out any yellow or brassy tones.

The pink color faded to a shade pretty close to my natural strawberry blonde red hair. You went platinum blonde, but your hair is short, thin, or lacks volume. Let's assume you want to flaunt longer, fuller platinum hair. Clip-in extensions are easy to install, remove, and reapply!

things you can do to keep platinum blonde hair in perfect condition.

If you're not willing to do that , then step away from the bleach because platinum just isn’t for you. To dye hair is to cover the existing colour with a darker shade, but to bleach hair is to literally strip away all of the pigmentation. Our roots lift more easily than the rest of our hair because the natural heat from the scalp speeds up the process. Protein is even more important for those who are not naturally blondes and have bleached their hair to achieve that platinum colour. This bright-purple glossing treatment is seriously strong (and it'll stain your tub if it sits there too long) so you'll only need to use it once a week. My ends actually take longer to absorb color than new growth at my scalp, so I apply it to my ends and then work my way up.

how to maintain platinum blonde hair at home

Read on to see my top tips on how to dye your hair platinum blonde while minimizing the damage to your hair. I also go into detail about how to care for platinum hair and using platinum as a base for other trendy pastel colors. The quest to maintain platinum hair at home is easier when you have the right products in tow.

Prepare to Head to the Salon Every Few Weeks

Each bleaching session can take anywhere between minutes. The first time you get your hair bleached will take the most time . This is because the hairstylist will be using the strongest and most concentrated bleaching solution to get your hair as light as possible.

how to maintain platinum blonde hair at home

I’m at a stage in my life where I’m about to make a huge change by moving to London and attending fashion school, and I felt that reinvention was necessary. Pixie cut, which is simpler to maintain, both in the cut and in the growth of roots. Magnet™ Ultimate Technical Additive so that the hair remains protected during this process. You should use Magnet™ Ultimate Pre-technical Equalizer to protect the hair fiber.

A weekly protein treatment is highly recommended to maintain platinum hair at home. Infusing your strands with protein can give it extra strength and resiliency so it won’t break easily. FYI – you might experience hair fallout as a result of bleaching your hair platinum.

So, you’re likely looking at quite a few sessions until you reach your desired icy blonde hair color. Hair dye, it’s important to approach getting a platinum hair color the right way. Below, find everything you need to know about how to get platinum blonde hair, sans damage. With more and more celebrities lightening their hair color, there is no denying the fact that super blonde locks are having a moment.

There was the time my friend told me I should just give up on dating because I didn’t actually have time for a significant other since my hair was too high-maintenance. L'OrĂ©al Paris Hair Color Concierge for pro tips and help. Once you have one in hand, make sure to follow the instructions included with your box of at-home hair color. We especially love eco-conscious brands, supporting niche and small businesses, and paying homage to stylish pioneers. Me outside of the Ulta salon getting ready to dye my hair rose gold pink.

how to maintain platinum blonde hair at home

How to Go Blonde At HomeGet the natural-looking colour you've always wanted—without the trip to the salon. How I Dyed My Brown Hair Blonde at HomeYes, you CAN go from brunette to blonde by yourself, on a budget! After finishing coloring it is absolutely necessary to return it to its acidic condition. Blonde hair is typically finer and more fragile than dark hair.

And not only that, you must also teach clients how to take care of platinum blonde hair with the right products. Going platinum blonde is never easy—even at a salon—so be realistic about what home hair colour can do. It's not going to turn your medium-brown roots to a platinum blonde, but neither would a bleach, either.

how to maintain platinum blonde hair at home

First and foremost, your hair is going to be prone to frizz. It might be a good idea to swap out your cotton pillowcases to the silk ones. It's not just the purple pigments, though that makes the difference. It is also the unique formulation of Ugly Duckling's hair care products.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Group Home Jobs Edmonton Ab Ideas

HYATT house Houston Galleria Houston, TX: What to Know BEFORE You Bring Your Family

Experience All-Inclusive Ultra-Luxury Cruises